Who else wants to learn how to be found in the NEW yellow pages?
Time: 5:30 to 7:30 PM
Location: Bruegger’s Bagel Bakery
Address: 3558 Winnetka Avenue North, New Hope, MN 55427
- 5:30 to 6pm Open Networking
- 6:00 to 7pm Program: Business Reviews on Google Places
- 7pm to 7:30 Q&A
We have confirmed our meeting at the Bruegger’s in New Hope on 36th and Winnetka. They are delighted to meet you and host our meeting. Please, thank them for their hospitality by purchasing something to eat and drink.
Our topic this month includes best practices for:
- How to be found in the NEW yellow pages: Google Places
- How to show up next to the Map on Google 1st page
- How to get and keep getting Reviews and Stars next to your Business
Last month we showed you how to cultivate interest in your business by blogging. You have many prospects out there right this minute searching for what you do best. Yes, blogging and video blogging are extremely effective at cultivating new and existing customers. But, when you need something new this week where do you turn?
- How often do you get a new customer from the yellow pages?
- How often to you pick up your phone to answer a telemarketer?
- When you’re in the market for something new where do you look first?
If you want to be remarkable, you have to do something remarkable. For example, search for the following phrase in Google:
- plumber golden valley mn
What do you see? What do those Gold Stars mean? What does it mean to be in the “A” or “B” or “G” position next to the Map? If you need a plumber right now because your kitchen sink has become a fountain, what are you likely to do from this search results page? I know that I’d simply call the first plumber with all those Gold Stars!
If you do only one thing to market your business, get more reviews and testimonials. When people leave reviews on Google Places, Google rewards you with favored placement next to the Map. Although not the only criterion, Google recognizes the importance of reviews to establishing your credibility. We will show you:
- How to setup Google Places
- How to ask for reviews
- What makes a good review
- How to get a bunch of great reviews this month
All Minneapolis Local Business Forum activities are open to anyone. Our members are most interested in local business owners who want to be found by more of the right customers in the Twin Cities area, especially:
- Golden Valley
- New Hope
The Minneapolis Local Business Forum is dedicated to our local business community. Please, share this with other business leaders. Invite all of your connections who are interested in growing business.